Arena for Journalism in Europe is looking for a senior communications manager, who can develop our communications strategy and is not afraid to produce content him/herself.
We are looking for a person with broad communication experience from a similar position (NGO or social/political organisation).
Who are you?
You have both journalism and communication skills, and you are able to combine the development of an overall strategy with hands-on work.
You are self-driven, a strong planner and not afraid to take initiatives.
You are used to consider different media channels and users/target groups, including funders.
You are comfortable with working remotely and independently, while staying in contact and sharing with colleagues from all over Europe.
You have excellent written and spoken English. Other European languages are an advantage, so is knowledge of the journalism field and the actors in it.
Your responsibilities will be:
- To develop the communications activities within Arena and manage the daily information flow in and about the organisation in accordance with our strategy
- To collaborate closely with the management and support colleagues across the organisation with communication tasks
- To develop and execute a communication plan
- To participate in branding development
- To find and tell the stories of impact and successes on relevant platforms
- To plan and execute communication for Arena activities in cooperation with our IT manager and external graphic designer
Who are we?
Arena for Journalism in Europe focuses on cross-border collaborative investigative journalism in Europe. We build topical networks for journalists and provide infrastructure for journalistic collaborations. We also arrange the annual Dataharvest – the European Investigative Journalism Conference and an annual conference for investigative climate journalism.
We have an international staff of around 14 people, distributed over Europe. We work remotely with English as our working language.
Are you interested?
The communication position is part-time (0,5 FTE) with the intention of increasing to full time in 2025. Salary range €65-70 000 for FTE.
Please send your CV with cover letter before 23:59 CET, February 28 to email@example.com. Interviews will be arranged in week 11 and 12.