Cross-border collaborative journalism – reading material
Konow-Lund, M., Gearing, A. & Berglez, P. (2019). Transnational Cooperation in Journalism. In: Nussbaum, J.F. Oxford Research Encyclopedias, Communication.
The practical guides
Alfter, B. (2019). Cross-border Collaborative Journalism. A Step-By-Step Guide. Routledge.
Grzeszyk, T. & Alfter, B. (2018). Cross-border journalism as a mindset / Cross-border journalism as a method. Hostwriter.
Alfter, B. (2017). Grenzüberschreitender Journalismus. Handbuch zum Cross-Border-Journalismus. Herbert-von-Halem-Verlag.
Alfter, B. (2015). Journalistik over grænser – Håndbog i cross border journalistik. Forlaget Ajour / Samfundslitteratur.
Academics’ and practitioners’ reflections on the new method (and mindset) of cross-border collaborative journalism
In reverse chronological order of publication:
Konow-Lund, M. (2019): Negotiating Roles and Routines in Collaborative Investigative Journalism. Media and Communication. Cogitatio.
Hellmüller, L. & Konow-Lund, M. (2019). Transnational Journalism. The International Encyclopedia of Journalism Studies. Wiley.
Lück, J. & Schultz, T. (2019). Investigative Data Journalism in a Globalized World: A Survey Study on ICIJ Journalists. Journalism Research 2(2), 93-114.
Lee, T. (ed.) (2019). Unbias the News. Hostwriter & Correctiv.
Alfter, B. & Candea, S. (eds.) (2019). Journal for Applied Journalism and Media Studies – special Issue on Cross-border Collaborative Journalism, anthology. Ingenta Publishing. Including:
- Meyer, Gitte (2019): Essay: Varieties of cross-border journalism
- Grzeszyk, Tabea (2019): Diversity matters! How cross-border journalism calls out media bias
- Heft, Annett (2019): The Panama Papers investigation and the scope and boundaries of its networked publics: Cross-border journalistic collaboration driving transnationally networked public spheres
- Gearing, Amanda & Berglez, Peter (2019): The microcosm of global investigative journalism: Understanding cross-border connections beyond the ICIJ
Sambrook, R. (ed.) (2018). Global Teamwork: The rise of collaboration in investigative journalism. Anthology by academics and practitioners. Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism, Oxford. Including:
- Lewis, Charles (2018): Tear Down These Walls: Innovations in Collaborative Accountability Research and Reporting
- Alfter, Brigitte (2018): New Method, New Skill, New Position? Editorial Coordinators in Cross-Border Collaborative Teams
- Kayser-Bril, Nicolas (2018): Collaboration – One Tool among Many
- Koch, Anne (2018): Investigative Journalism and Advocacy: Natural Allies?
Heft, A., Alfter, B. & Pfetsch, B. (2017). Transnational journalism networks as drivers of Europeanisation. Journalism, Volume: 20 issue: 9, page(s): 1183-1202 .
Alfter, B. (2016). Cross-Border Collaborative Journalism: Why Journalists and Scholars Should Talk about an Emerging Method. Journal of Applied Journalism and Media Studies 5/2: 297–311. (Pdf on website of the author).