Arena for Journalism in Europe is looking for someone to support the managing director and help maintain and develop structures for the organisation.
The job is a half-time position, and the tasks would include:
- Financial support such as bookkeeping, preparing invoices and payments and updating budgets;
- Logistical support such as conference planning and booking travel and accommodation;
- Organisational support such as helping with planning donor meetings and developing new structures for the organization.
Who are you?
You will fit well in the job if you have:
- A relevant degree
- Experience in or good understanding of working for a non-profit organisation
- Excellent written and spoken English. Dutch is an asset.
- The ability to work alone as well as in a team.
- Knowledge of payment systems, project and strategic budgeting and accounting systems (specifically Exact Online bookkeeping) is an asset
- Knowledge of handling EU grants is an advantage
Who are we?
Arena for Journalism in Europe is a journalism NGO with a European perspective. We support collaborative, investigative, data and other innovative journalism practices in Europe. We believe that in-depth journalism is crucial to knowledge sharing, critical thinking and political life in European societies. The organisation was founded in early 2019 and has established a clear profile of activities.
Arena is based in the Netherlands, but team members work remotely from all over Europe. We meet several times a year, collaborate and look out for each other within the team. Our new colleague thus needs to be comfortable with working remotely and in a small team in start-up mode. Our working language is English.
Arena for Journalism in Europe is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications that can make the organisation a better reflection of society.
As a new team member, you will have responsibility and influence on the developments of our fast-growing organization. You get a job with flexible and remote working conditions on freelance-basis for at least a year with the intention of an extension. The payment will be in line with the industry standards of your country of residence.
Are you interested? Please send your questions or your application, including CV, to Arena’s managing director Sanne Schim van der Loeff, email@example.com, by 23:59 CEST, 10 May 2023.